We collect certain information or data about you when you use our website.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
This data can be viewed by authorised people in our team and our website provider, to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about local services if you want it
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA) (except for data that we gather when you sign up to our email alerts). Some of our suppliers are based outside the EEA. We have strict controls over how and why your data can be accessed. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this, when you sign up to our email alerts. We use the GovDelivery platform, provided by Granicus, for our email alerts. Granicus has staff based outside the EEA, and stores your data in the US. Granicus is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way. As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service. As a data processor on behalf of Avon and Somerset PCC, GovDelivery will use your information to send you email alerts if you request them. You can find out more about how GovDelivery collects and stores your information.
Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect. If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time.
This privacy statement covers this website. It does not cover links within this site to other websites.
Changes to this privacy statement
If this privacy statement changes in any way, we will place an updated version on this page. Regularly reviewing this page ensures you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we will share it with other parties.