The PCC is responsible for the commissioning of a range of victim services across Avon and Somerset. The OPCC has started a process to review those services and consider what services should be put in place from April 2019 after the current contracts and grants conclude. This page will be kept updated with information as well as opportunities to get involved:
Engagement on Commissioning Intentions
The OPCC engaged with stakeholders on its commissioning intentions from 12 March 2018 - 3 June 2018. The engagement period is now closed and responses are being reviewed by the OPCC.
Key documents for this were:
- Commissioning Intentions Document
- Needs Assessment
- Stakeholders Survey (now closed)
Victim survey and interviews (now closed). A full report can be found here.
This page will be kept updated with information for those interested in the commissioning process for victim support services.
Publication of the Commissioning Plan
The Commissioning Plan
The OPCC has now finalised its Commissioning Plan for victim services. This document has informed by and published alongside:
- Annexe A – OPCC response to Victim Voice Report
- Annexe B - OPCC response to Stakeholder Survey feedback
- Annexe C – Equalities Impact Assessment
- Annexe D – OPCC response to the Victims Needs Assessment Recommendations.
The Tender window has now closed.
The Police and Crime Commissioner for Avon and Somerset advertised opportunities to tender for a range of Contracts for the provision of Support Services for Victims of Crime and Antisocial Behaviour in Avon and Somerset. The tender process ran from 17th August 2018 to 5th October 2018. The Procurement process is managed under the Light Touch Regime in accordance with Regulations 74 to 76 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and is being managed under a “pseudo” Open Procedure.
The range of services are separated into Lots for this procurement process, as follows:
- Lot 1 – A Practical and Emotional Support Service for adult victims of any crime or antisocial behaviour
Maximum available funding value per annum - £330,000
- Lot 2 – An Enhanced Adult Support Service for victims of any crime or antisocial behaviour
Maximum available funding value per annum - £280,000
- Lot 3 – A Children and Young People’s Support Service for victims of any crime or antisocial behaviour up to the age of 18 (or 25 where there are additional needs)
Maximum available funding value per annum - £165,000
- Lot 4 – An Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) Service
Maximum available funding value per annum - £395,000
- Lot 5 – A Restorative Justice Service for victims of any crime or antisocial behaviour
Maximum available funding value per annum - £180,000
The OPCC will be working with evaluation panels with a range of expertise, including victim representatives to score the submitted bids and decide upon a preferred bidder.
- Decision notice
- New service go live (April 2019)
Documents from 2014/15 when services were first put in place are available here.
Other background documents such as national guidelines and frameworks are available here.
To find out about the range of victim services in Avon and Somerset please visit the Lighthouse directory.
You can view the victim sevices for 2018/19 here.
You can view the victim sevices for 2017/18 here.
You can view the victim sevices for 2016/17 here.
You can view the victim sevices for 2015/16 here.