Avon and Somerset Police and Crime Commissioner Sue Mountstevens established a Business Crime Forum that enables an open dialogue between the Police, Business groups, Business Crime Reduction Partnerships and local businesses. The Forum allows the PCC and the Constabulary to listen to business issues and priorities which in turn inform the PCC’s and the Constabulary’s Business Crime Strategy.
Read the Avon and Somerset Business Crime Strategy 2016-2019 here.
The Avon and Somerset Business Crime Forum helps to understand and reduce crime against business, which enables our businesses to thrive and in turn help to grow our region's prosperity.
The aims of the Business Crime Forum:
- Listen to business and receive input from the business community to help develop the PCC’s priorities and develop the Constabulary’s Business Crime Strategy
- Track delivery of the Business Crime Strategy and capture new and emerging threats and risks
- Track business crime rates, trends and police response
- Develop joint plans to deter and disrupt business crime locally
- Help businesses with briefings on police initiatives and training for business (for example cybercrime, CCTV, crime prevention tactics)
- Help businesses to help themselves
- Help businesses to help the Police
- Help coordinate the activity of various partners working in these areas
- Share best practice amongst the Police, Business crime Reduction partners and local Businesses
- Share intelligence where possible and improve the systems and processes for sharing data on business crime, risks and criminals
Get safe online - www.getsafeonline.org
Action Fraud - www.actionfraud.police.uk
National Crime Agency - www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk
Zephyr - Southwest Regional Organised Crime Unit - www.zephyrswrocu.org.uk/cyber.aspx