Do you want to find out how disproportionality in the criminal justice system is being tackled in Avon and Somerset?
The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) is hosting a webinar this Thursday (18th March) at 4.30pm-5.30pm, which will see a panel of experts discuss how organisations across the force area are working in partnership to move forward the Lammy Review recommendations. The event will be live streamed to the OPCC’s Facebook – AandSPCC.
The panel consists of:
- Desmond Brown, Chair of the local Lammy Review Group in Avon and Somerset
- PCC Sue Mountstevens
- Chief Constable Andy Marsh
- HHJ Peter Blair, His Honour Judge Blair QC, Honorary Recorder of Bristol
- Jo Sidhu QC, Leading Criminal Law Barrister and Vice Chair of the Criminal Bar Association
- Sayce Holmes-Lewis, CEO at Mentivity, Cultural Consultant and Activist
- Michael Herford, Founder and CEO at Legal Lifelines and Activist
This special virtual event, chaired by Mayor of Bristol Marvin Rees, will see the panel examine how agencies and partners are and continue to take a local approach to a national problem.