“I am saddened to learn about the fatal stabbing of a 19-year-old man in Bristol on Friday evening. I would like to pass on my thoughts and prayers to his family and friends who are being supported by specially trained Family Liaison Officers.
“Devastating incidents like this will understandably create heartache and raise concern among the wider community. Avon and Somerset Neighbourhood Policing Teams have increased their presence in the St Paul’s area of Bristol to support and reassure communities.
“I encourage residents who have concerns to reach out to their local officers. If you have any information that may help Avon and Somerset Police with their investigation, please do contact them directly via 101 and reference 5223175298. Alternatively, you can provide information anonymously through CrimeStoppers, either online or via 0800 555 111.
“I would like to reassure communities that there are numerous proactive initiatives to support young people, youth professionals and local community groups through the Bristol Violence Reduction Partnership (VRP).
“The Bristol VRP works collaboratively with partners to deliver a public health approach in reducing and preventing violence. Together they offer a range of youth support services, from school initiatives, mentoring to outreach youth work to raise awareness of the dangers and consequences on knife crime.
“I understand that knife crime is very concerning for residents across Avon and Somerset. I want to meet and talk to people to hear their concerns on this issue, so that I can then feed this back to the police, our partners and other local communities, who are working together to tackle the root causes.”PCC Mark Shelford
Below are some of the support services that are available:
- Childline: call 0800 11 11 (under 19 years)
- Cruse Bereavement (daytime support)
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope again: a youth website of Cruse Bereavement Support
- Kooth: an online mental health community
- Off The Record have a local in person listening service available
- Samaritans: call 116 123
- SAMM: call 01214722912 or Text 07342 888570
- SHOUT 24/7 Support if you need to talk (or text, or online chat):
Text the word ‘SHOUT’ to 85258
- Support Breakthrough (18+): supporting survivors of trauma
- Victim Support, Homicide Service: call 03003031984
How to report information
Alternatively, you can also contact the independent charity CrimeStoppers, 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their Anonymous Online Form. Please include the case reference number 5223175298.
Fearless.org is the dedicated youth service from independent charity CrimeStoppers, it provides young people with the opportunity to give information about crime 100% anonymously.
The charity guarantees:
- You will not be asked to reveal your name or any personal details.
- Your call will not be recorded.
- We have no caller line display, no call back facility (e.g. 1471) and cannot trace a call.
- Calls to CrimeStoppers are free from all phones, landline or mobile, and will not show up on your bill.
- Our specially trained call agents will support you through the process and make sure your report contains no information that could identify you.
- We do not make a note of gender, accents, apparent age or ethnicity of any caller.
- When you report via our online form, you can do so safe in the knowledge that your device’s IP addresses are overwritten, masked and can never be traced.