Police and Crime Plan
The Police and Crime Plan is a legal document that the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) must produce under the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011.
Following a consultation with local people, the Plan outlines the strategic direction for the PCC’s term in office and how they will work with the police.
The Avon and Somerset Police and Crime Plan 2019-21 sets out the OPCC’s strategic priorities and was developed by the previous PCC.
- Protect the most vulnerable from harm
- Strengthen and improve your local communities
- Ensure Avon and Somerset Constabulary has the right people, the right capability and the right culture
- Work together effectively with other police forces and key partner agencies to provide better services to local people.
Over the coming months, PCC Mark Shelford will be consulting with local people on his Police and Crime Plan 2021-25 to understand what policing issues matter most to communities. Mark previously consulted with local people to produce his campaign manifesto.
- Bath and North East Somerset Police and Crime Plan (PDF)
- Bristol Police and Crime Plan (PDF)
- North Somerset Police and Crime Plan (PDF)
- South Gloucestershire Police and Crime Plan (PDF)
- Somerset Police and Crime Plan (PDF)
Quarterly performance reports
The quarterly performance reports examine how well Avon and Somerset Police and other services are performing against the Police and Crime Plan priorities.