Business Crime Forum
The Business Crime Forum was set up to ensure there is an open dialogue between Avon and Somerset Police, business crime reduction partnerships and business groups to help reduce crime against local businesses.
The concerns and issues discussed help to inform the Police and Crime Commissioner’s (PCC) and Avon and Somerset Police’s Business Crime Strategy. Read the Avon and Somerset Business Crime Strategy 2022 – 2025 (PDF).
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the 2016-2019 Business Crime Strategy has been extended until May 2021.
Aims of the Business Crime Forum
- To listen to businesses and receive input from the business community to help develop the PCC’s priorities and develop Avon and Somerset Police’s Business Crime Strategy
- To track delivery of the Business Crime Strategy and capture new and emerging threats and risks
- To track business crime rates, trends and police response and to develop joint plans to deter business crime locally
- To share best practice amongst the police, business crime reduction partners and local businesses
- To share intelligence where possible and improve processes for sharing data
How to join the forum
Individual business owners need to join a local business group or partnerships to attend the Business Crime Forum.
Examples of groups and partnerships include:
- Your local Business Improvement District (BIDs)
- Business West
- Local Business Crime Reduction Partnerships (BCRP)
- Your local Chambers of Commerce
Please speak to your local business representative to raise any concerns you have which may be discussed at the next Forum.
If you work for a local group or partnership organisation and would like to attend the Forum, email Paul Butler for more information.
Previous Forum meeting notes
View meeting notes from previous Forums:
- 11 November 2019 (PDF)
- 24 June 2019 (PDF)
- 15 February 2019 (PDF)
- 14 September 2018 (PDF)
- 23 March 2018 (PDF)
- 28 November 2017 (PDF)
The following organisations provide support and advice for businesses: