Violence Reduction Unit Support Officer
£29,331 – £30,420 depending on experience
One year fixed term contract. Secondments will be written with support of the employer. Possibility of extension to contract.
Full time hours. Flexible working will be considered.
The Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) Support Officer will help drive the effective delivery and development of the Strategic Violence Reduction Unit within the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner.
The role will be critical in supporting the team in the delivery of its project aims and priorities.
It will lead the coordination and delivery of Home Office reporting and grant mandates, as well as maintaining and developing new relationships with partners and development opportunities.
This role will be at the heart of the team, offering a range of responsibilities and innovative projects to be involved in.
Coordination and VRU Development Support
- To provide support to the central team and/or Partners to ensure the project milestones and deliverables are implemented and targets achieved.
- Make regular contact with various lead officers, partners and appointed contractors or service providers delivering specific elements of the project to obtain updates.
- Work closely with the OPCC and Partner Communications teams to support coordination and development of local Communication plans and activity.
- To undertake research to facilitate the work of the VRU’s.
- To prepare briefing notes and reports on behalf of the central team for the Senior Leadership Team, PCC and partners
- To support the analysis and scrutiny of performance information.
- To represent the central VRU team at a variety of internal and external meetings
- To be responsible for VRU development by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, emerging innovations and interventions and funding opportunities and to ensure evolution of the VRU work.
- Coordinate and support the central and local teams in completion and return of quarterly reports to the Home Office.
- To organise meetings and events with both internal staff and partners.
- To take notes / minutes at meetings and maintain effective records of decisions made and actions required.
- Create, update and manage project performance monitoring of the central team to ensure deliverables.
- To support the financial administration of VRU commissioning and spend oversight.
- To support the financial transparency function of the OPCC and VRU partners.
- To undertake specific commissioning and policy work as instructed by the Senior Commissioning and Policy Officer/VRU Director.
- To undertake any other work as directed by the Senior Commissioning and Policy Officer/VRU Director, commensurate with the scale of the post