VRU Communications Manager
£31,425 – £40,419 depending on experience. One year fixed term contract or secondment with the possibility of extension to contract. Secondments will be accepted with written support of the employer. Full time hours. Flexible working will be considered.
Are you looking for a new communications challenge?
The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) is looking for a Communications Manager who will focus on the work of the Violence Reduction Units (VRUs).
The OPCC is responsible for the approach and delivery of the VRUs in Avon and Somerset, leading on the strategic oversight and delivery of the Public Health approach to tackling serious violence.
Purpose of role
- To develop a communications plan, under the guidance of the Head of Communications & Engagement and Commissioning & Partnerships Team, to support the long term objectives of the Violence Reduction Unit.
- To co-ordinate and lead a multi-agency communications group that sits under the strategic Violence Reduction Unit.
- To work in partnership with the multi-agency communications group, delivering and supporting activities as part of the communications plan, across a number of channels, including traditional media and social media.
- To oversee the creation and launch of new branding for the Violence Reduction Unit.
- To produce creative and engaging ideas to tell the story and build the narrative of the work of the Avon and Somerset Violence Reduction Unit.
- To identify opportunities to raise the profile and awareness of the work of the Avon and Somerset Violence Reduction Unit and its objectives among stakeholders and the public.
- To create content such as newsletters, blogs, columns and press releases for publication on our digital platforms and in local, regional and national media outlets.
- To provide professional advice to the PCC and senior managers on matters regarding internal and external communications in relation to the Violence Reduction Unit.
- To write and provide briefings to the PCC to support them in media interviews, meetings and engagement visits related to the Violence Reduction Unit.
- To identify, with support from the Commissioning and Partnerships Team, opportunities for engagement and consultation with stakeholders and residents of Avon and Somerset, on matters related to the Violence Reduction Unit.