Scrutiny and Assurance Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Scrutiny and Assurance Manager
SALARY: £32,409 – £41,139 (depending on experience)
We are looking to recruit a new role to join an innovative and ambitious team to support the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) in holding the force to account in their provision of an effective and efficient police service, through scrutiny and assurance activity.
The PCC has wide ranging responsibilities for setting the priorities and budget of the Constabulary, holding the Chief Constable to account for delivery of the Police and Crime Plan.
Scrutiny activity is fundamental in supporting the PCC with this work and this is done both internally and through working with our independent community volunteer schemes. The PCC also has wider responsibilities across criminal justice and community safety and commissions a wide range of services for both victims and offenders in order to support delivery of the Plan.
- To support the Police and Crime Commissioner in holding the force to account in their provision of an effective and efficient police service, through scrutiny and assurance activity.
- To manage a high quality, customer focussed service to members of the public contacting the PCC.
- To support the PCC in discharging their statutory functions as identified in legislation, including regarding complaints, FoI and DSAR and Misconduct Hearings and Police Appeals Tribunals.
Other responsibilities include managing public contact including complaints, co-ordinating and overseeing our volunteer schemes and facilitation of the PCC responsibilities for Police Misconduct Hearings and Police Appeal Tribunals.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 12 noon 3 February 2023.
Selection days will be held 27 February 2023.
Start dates will have some flexibility. However, we would like to have this position covered as soon as possible.
- Application form (PDF)
- Role profile (DOC)
- Candidate timetable (DOC)
- Equality monitoring form (DOC)
- Privacy notice (DOC)
- Terms of appointment (DOC)
The OPCC have a hybrid working approach which incorporates blended office and home working.
The OPCC has a strong focus on employing people that best fit with the ethos and culture of our team and are looking for someone that will embrace our values of Openness, Partnership, Compassion and Courage.
Please contact the OPCC if you have any queries on PCCRecruitment@avonandsomerset.police.uk
- Police and Crime Plan
- Information on the Independent Scrutiny of Police Complaints Panel
- Information on the Independent Scrutiny of Police Powers Panel
- Information on the Independent Custody Visitor scheme
- Information on the IOPC Statutory Guidance for the police complaints system
- Information on Home Office Guidance on police professional standards, performance and integrity in policing
- Legislation – Police Conduct Regulations 2020